Different Types Of Iran Visa
How to Apply for an Iran visa and the Documents Required to Apply for all Types of Iran Visa (2022).
What are the different types of Iran visas? Who can apply for an Iran visa? What documents do we need to apply for each type of Iran visa? In this article, we will answer all questions regarding Iran visas in detail. Please follow us.
To apply for an Iran visa, it is necessary to know the different types of Iran visas. Each of these visas, described below, has its own conditions.
To apply for all types of Iran visas two documents are required:
- Passport (only the first page; with at least six months of validity beyond travel date; in color; in JPEG or JPG; equal to or less than 500 kb; in 800 (minimum-width) x 600 (minimum-height) pixels)
- Digital personal photo (in color; in JPEG or JPG; equal to or less than 500 kb; in 400 (minimum-width) x 600 (minimum-height) pixels; with a plain white or off-white background; without hat or head covering, and eyeglasses (except in rare circumstances when eyeglasses cannot be removed for medical reasons)).
All Types Of Iran Visa
A- Iran Entry Visa
Iran entry visa is issued for foreign nationalities having an invitation letter from ministries, governmental organizations, and private or public sectors. Foreign citizens who receive Iran entry visas usually travel to Iran to negotiate, contract, invest, etc.
Those who can apply for an Iran entry visa include:
- Educational and cultural Faculty members and researchers;
- Carriers who transport goods and people;
- Officials, political, and economic members, art and sports teams, international organizations, and specialists;
- Internationally Recognized merchants and experts;
- The United Nations employees and affiliates; and
- Relatives of foreign citizens residing in Iran.
Documents needed for Iran entry visa:
- Valid invitation;
- Iran entry visa application form;
- Possible interview at the consulate; and
- Payment of the Iran entry visa.
B – Iran Tourist Visa
Iran tourist visa is issued for those foreign citizens who intend to travel to Iran for tourist purposes. Iran tourist visa has been suspended since 2020 due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Fortunately, the issue of Iran tourist visas has resumed since October 2021.
Those who can apply for an Iran tourist visa include:
Documents needed for Iran tourist visa:
- Visa code;
- Iran tourist visa application form;
- Possible interview at the consulate; and
- Payment of the Iran tourist visa.
New conditions for Iran tourist visa after the outbreak of Covid-19:
According to the new guidelines issued by the National anti- corona Headquarters in Iran, visa applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Negative PCR test taken at most 96 hours before departure (for people over the age of 12);
- A Covid-19 vaccine card showing you are considered fully vaccinated with 2 doses;
- The vaccines approved by Iran;
- The applicant should not be from high-risk countries or his next destination should not be high-risk countries.
C- Iran Pilgrimage Visa
Iran Pilgrimage visa is issued for Foreign Muslims who intend to pilgrimage to holy places in Iran.
Those who can apply for an Iran pilgrimage visa include:
Documents needed for Iran pilgrimage visa:
- Iran pilgrimage visa application form;
- Possible interview at the consulate; and
- Payment of the Iran pilgrimage visa.
D- Iran Diplomatic Visa & S- Iran Service Visa
These types of visas are issued for foreigners who have diplomatic passports and enter Iran for political purposes.
Those who can apply for an Iran diplomatic visa and Iran service visa include:
- Temporary employees of diplomatic and consular offices, and International organization offices in Iran;
- Temporary guests of diplomats or official employees residing in Iran;
- Diplomatic or Official passport holders attending conferences, apprenticeship, cultural and educational programs, etc.; and
- Diplomatic or Official passport holders with tourist or pilgrimage purposes.
Documents needed for Iran diplomatic visa and Iran service visa:
- Official or Diplomatic Passport;
- Iran Diplomatic or services visa application; and
- Payment of the Iran diplomatic visa and Iran service visa.
E- Iran Student Visa
Iran Student visa is issued for foreign students or religious scholars who intend to study in Iran.
Those who can apply for an Iran Student visa include:
- School students;
- Researchers; and Religious scholars.
Documents needed for Iran Student visa:
- Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status from the science ministry, education ministry, or an accredited academic institution;
- Iran Student visa application; and
- Payment of the Iran Student visa.
F- Iran Work Visa
Iran temporary work visa is issued for foreigners who have the intention to work in Iran.
Those who can apply for an Iran work visa include:
- Skilled workers;
- Specialists in the fields of medical, industrial, etc.;
Documents needed for Iran work visa:
- Labor certificate from a sponsor employer in Iran approved by the labor ministry;
- Iran work visa application;
- Payment of Iran work visa.
G- Iran Transit Visa
Iran transit visa allows foreign citizens to pass through Iran with no purpose of staying. These people must cross Iran within a maximum of 7 days. Iran transit visa fee is estimated based on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs consular expenses table. Iran transit visa is issued within one to two weeks.
Those who can apply for an Iran transit visa include:
- Tourists; and
Documents needed for Iran transit visa:
- Iran transit visa application form;
- A valid visa for the destination;
- A valid travel ticket to the third country; and
- Payment of Iran transit visa fee.
H- Iran Media Visa
Iran media visa is issued for foreign media, including members of audiovisual, radio, print, digital, and press as well as directors and producers of reports, films, etc., who travel to Iran to work in their profession.
Those who can apply for an Iran media visa include:
- Producers; and
Documents needed for Iran media visa:
- Iran media visa application form;
- The permit from the Media and Public Diplomacy Center; and
- Payment of the Iran media visa.
I- Iran Business Visa
Iran business visa is issued for those foreign investors who intend to invest in Iran. These investors should obtain their investment permit from the Organization for Investment Economic and Technical Assistance of Iran to get their Iran business visa.
A business visa is one of the most visas issued worldwide. If you are going to visit Iran for business, you can apply for an Iran business visa. You should have an Iranian registered business to endorse your Iran visa application. First, complete the Iran Visa Application Form. The Iran Sun World Tour & Travel Agency will do the rest. The Iran Visa Code will be issued within 7-10 working days.
Those who can apply for an Iran business visa include:
Document needed for Iran business visa:
- Approval letter from the Organization for Investment Economic and Technical Assistance of Iran;
- Iran investment visa application form; and
- Payment of the Iran business visa.
M- Iran Marital Visa
Iran marital visa is issued for men who have married Iranian women as well as their offspring.
Those who can apply for an Iran marital visa include:
- Foreigner men married Iranian women; and
- Children of such family.
Document needed for Iran marital visa:
- Iran marital visa application form;
- A photocopy of the marriage certification;
- Father’s official permission; and
- Payment of the Iran marital visa.
T- Iran Medical Visa
Iran medical visa is issued for foreign citizens who travel to Iran for medical purposes. These people should already have received an approval letter from one of Iran’s authorized medical centers. Iran medical visa is also issued at the time of the coronavirus outbreak.
Due to the cheapness of medical services in Iran and the existence of prominent medical specialists and skilled surgeons in Iran, every year, many people come to Iran for treatment.
Those who can apply for an Iran medical visa include:
- Patients with physical illnesses.
- Document needed for Iran marital visa:
Document needed for Iran medical visa:
- Approval letter from one of the authorized medical centers;
- Iran medical visa application form; and
- Payment of the Iran medical visa.
Do you need more information? Ask your questions from our visa experts or Contact us at:
Tel & WhatsApp: +98 939 918 1249
Apply for Iran Visa (Online Iran Visa Application Form)
Steps of getting Iran Visa
Iran Visa on Arrival